Future of Organizations / Conscious Organizations
Sunday, May 10 (5-7pm CET)
Embracing new stakeholders, technologies, values, structures and metrics.
By clicking the “Join now” button, you just sign up once to our recurrent weekly online video events.
This Sunday we will explore the future of organizations, institutions and movements from holistic perspectives: technological, economical, political, ecological, psychological, anthropological, cultural and social. The masculine and the feminine aspects combined.
We are very excited to welcome our line-up:
- Rita McGrath (multiple global bestselling author (latest book Seeing Around Corners), top 10 management thinker in the world for many years, ranked #1 for strategy by Thinkers50 and professor at Columbia Business School in New York)
- John Hagel (leader of the Center for the Edge at Deloitte and occupies leadership roles at the World Economic Forum and the Santa Fe Institute, and he serves on the faculty of Singularity University, author of 7 books, including The Power of Pull, Net Gain, Net Worth, Out of the Box and The Only Sustainable Edge)
- Faiz Nazarali (co-founder and CEO of High Vibe Network, one of the most fascinating blockchain startups in the world dealing with raising consciousness)
- Vandana Hart (prolific dancer, UN ambassador, creator and host of the globally successful Netflix series We Speak Dance and soon global dance event and movement)
- Jitske Kramer (author of the awarded books Corporate Tribe and Deep Democracy, anthropologist)
(short speaker biographies below)
Hosts & Moderators:
Organizations used to be dominated by men but this seems to be changing now. Finally. Even at the country level we see changes in male-female leadership. At Conscious Learning Tribe we call this the recalibration of the gender balance. Actually, female prime ministers seem to be relatively more effective dealing with the CoVID-19 crisis until now (e.g. Taiwan, Iceland, Germany and New Zealand), as well as other female role models.
This is just one of the key changes impacting organizations today and in the future. As the leadership level but also the employee, customer, partner, investor and societal levels.
The following other questions will be addressed in our event:
- Where are we heading for in terms of organizations?
- What will be the core impact of CoVID-19 on how organizations are organized? (e.g. anti-fragile, from efficiency to adaptiveness, work-life balance, remote work, office becomes a hub for imagination, strategic and creative work and informal bonding / initiation / celebration)
- What is the role of blockchain, DAOs and AI in this future?
- What is the role of human employment relative to advancing technologies?
- Does this favor more female leadership and competencies? Why?
- How is competition changing in the future and what are the implications for organizational models?
- What is the role of digital platforms and digital ecosystems?
- How do we define conscious organizations?
- What are features of conscious organizations?
- What are the key differences with more traditional industrial organizations and exponential organizations?
- What is the role of purpose, values, culture and communities in these organizations?
- What is the value of rituals, meditation, dance, ceremonies, symbols, tribes and other spiritual practices in stabilizing the organization in an exponential world?
- How do measure these new features if any?
These questions and more importantly YOUR questions will be answered by sharing a few practical case studies by all our panelists. In start-ups, scale-ups, purpose driven movements, corporate, institutions and even ancient tribes.
Like all our events we will open and close our 2 hour session with meditations offered by Primavera to enable the group energy towards presencing and we added a few surprises.
Hope you are just as excited as we are for the session this Sunday at 5-7 PM CET (May 10th).
Selected posts on Future of Organizations / Conscious Organizations:
- Read Rita McGraths latest article in Harvard Business Review (May-June 2020) on Discovery Driven Digital Transformation: https://hbr.org/2020/05/discovery-driven-digital-transformation
- Read Ekso Kilpis latest post, who was one of the best cutting edge thinkers on future organizations in the world in our view. We send our condolences to all who knew and valued him. RIP Ekso, we will continue your efforts: https://www.enliveningedge.org/views/complexity-revisited/
- John Hagel’s post is about the impact of The Big Shift for women and its opportunities: https://edgeperspectives.typepad.com/edge_perspectives/2010/12/the-big-shift-challenge-and-opportunity-for-women.html
Rita is the author of the best-selling The End of Competitive Advantage (Harvard Business Review Press, 2013). Her new book is Seeing Around Corners: How to Spot Inflection Points in Business Before They Happen (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2019). She has written three other books, including Discovery Driven Growth, cited by Clayton Christensen as creating one of the most important management ideas ever developed. She is a highly sought-after speaker at exclusive corporate events around the globe, such as the Global Peter Drucker Forum.
She received her Ph.D. from the Wharton School (University of Pennsylvania) and has degrees with honors from Barnard College and the Columbia School of International and Public Affairs.
Follow Rita on Twitter @rgmcgrath. For more information, visit RitaMcGrath.com.
John Hagel has more than 40 years of experience as a management consultant, author, speaker and entrepreneur, and has helped companies improve their performance by effectively applying new generations of technology to reshape business strategies. John currently serves as co-chairman of the Silicon Valley-based Deloitte Center for the Edge, which conducts original research into emerging business opportunities that should be on the CEO’s agenda, but are not yet on their agenda.
John is the author of a series of best-selling business books, including his most recent book, The Power of Pull and, earlier, The Only Sustainable Edge, Out of the Box, Net Worth and Net Gain. He has won two awards from Harvard Business Review for best articles in that publication and has been recognized as an industry thought leader by a variety of publications and professional service firms.
John has his own website at www.johnhagel.com , a joint website with John Seely Brown at www.edgeperspectives.com , a personal blog at www.edgeperspectives.typepad.com as well as joint blogs with John Seely Brown at Harvard Business Review, Fortune and Techonomy.
John holds a BA from Wesleyan University, a B.Phil. from Oxford University, and a JD and MBA from Harvard University.
Founder and CEO of HighVibe Network, Faiz is a mission-driven entrepreneur working deeply at the intersection between blockchain and wellness. Investor and advisor to companies that involve Blockchain Tech, Immersive Experiences, Personal Growth, and Online Education. Helping us tap into the value of our attention.
Merging interconnected industries and architecting ‘collective value’ by bringing artists, entrepreneurs, influencers, and thought leaders together for projects that support the common interest of humanity at large. Believing deeply that our connectedness enables us to become our best selves.
Vandana Hart is the creator and host of We Speak Dance Netflix worldwide, global UN ambassador, and Judge of “so you think you can dance” in Africa, and currently building an app and movement to inspire global connection and unity using music and dance.
Jitske Kramer, MA (1973). Corporate anthropologist. Speaker. Entrepreneur. Facilitator. Founder of HumanDimensions. 2013 Trainer of the Year. Author of Deep Democracy (NL), Wow! What a Difference, The Corporate Tribe (2016 Management Book of the Year), Building Tribes (NL), Voodoo (NL) and Jam Cultures – about inclusion.
Jitske Kramer travels all over the world to learn from traditional healers, leaders, surprising innovators and random passers-by. She looks at the world and at organizations through the eyes of an anthropologist. Cultural anthropology is the discipline that asks what it means to be a human among humans in organisations and beyond. She takes you along in narratives that create space for new ways of seeing and new ways of dealing. Gradually, what is familiar becomes strange. And what is strange becomes familiar.
And as our weekly promise, we’ll also have meditations and musical experiences, with a post-event action team to help inspire creativity and motivation, with guidelines and community support.
This event is free to participate for Conscious Learning Tribe members. To become a member, simply sign up to our newsletter here.
We love exploring new possibilities with our content and experience model, entirely taking place through existing remote technologies. For each event, we’ll ask our readers and participants to decide on the topics – as in the natural evolution of the “unconference” – and we welcome suggestions by participants who want to create a session for the next event.
THE UNCONFERENCE ONLINE
Each week, we go live with the game-changing Conscious Learning Tribe community to dialogue on current topics, new trends and how to create a radically different way of working and living. Together, we’ll learn and strive to accelerate the transition to more conscious, sustainable, inclusive, meaningful, and holistic futures.
Our purpose is to explore conscious ways of learning and working together.
UPCOMING MAY-JUNE 2020 PROGRAM
With the input of our weekly audience, we have developed the topics below for our next two months program. We are inviting some really interesting guests in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned for updates here and don’t miss out, we have limited seats for each of the sessions!
We are open to our audience suggestions if you have a great transformational story to share or have an interesting speaker suggestion that would fit one of the topics. You can write to us with your suggestions.
- 17/05 –Love in quarantine – Self-love and relationships
- 24/05 – Conscious Travel – Why and how will we travel?
- 31/05 – Imagination – Holistic approach to boost your creativity
- 07/06 – Health & Wellbeing: From Intervention to Proaction – Mind, body, heart transformation
- 14/06 – Power of Communities and Collaborative Systems (Co-Ops) – What can we learn?
- 21/06 – Fashion Redefined – How is the CoVID-19 crisis redefining the fashion industry?
- 28/06 – Lifestyle – How are we changing our lifestyle during & after to Corona? And will we sustain our new lifestyle(s)?
- 05/07 – Regenerative cultures (business, relationships, communities, nature)
FUTURE OF WORK, HUMANITY & NATURE (04.2020)
- From Talking To Action (05.04.2020): What is our collective vision for a post-Corona Era and how can you take action in life and work now?
- How to Design Conscious Business Models? (12.04.2020): What is the bold new approach to leadership and a business culture that prioritises environmental and social responsibility, that sees profit as a way to sustain value creation?
- How To Live A More Self Sustainable Lifestyle Now? (19.04.2020): An introspection about our identities and roles, and learn how to acquire the mindset and tools for major transformations. With consciousness.
Previous speakers include:
Sunny Bates (TED BrainTrust, Board member of Kickstarter, CEO of Sunny Bates Associations)
Loic Le Meur (Entrepreneur, Investor, Founder of PAWA)
Gerd Leonhard (Founder of The Futures Agency, Futurist)
Inma Martinez (A.I. Pioneer, Digital Scientist, Fire Starter)
Dr Prabhavati Dwabha (Founder of Ramana’s Garden)
Adah Parris (Futurist, Cultural Innovator, Storyteller)
Jonathan Macdonald (Strategist, Author & Change Expert)
Virginia Salas Kastilio (Entrepreneur, Activist, Founder of I Trust University)
Susan McPherson(Founder & CEO of McPherson Strategies , Corporate Responsibility Expert)
Barney Swan (The first person to journey to the South Pole powered by clean energy, founder of Climate Force-Watch our exclusive interview here)
Maceo Paisley(Behavioural Economist, Multi-Disciplinary Artist, Designer, Executive Director of Citizens of Culture-Watch our exclusive interview here)
Taiye Selasi (British-American writer defining trends in African literature and photographer)
Lurata Lyon (Coach, speaker and author of her true-life story “The Devil Couldn’t Break Me“)
Yesim Kunter (Play expert and creative strategist)
Meditation Guides: Bianca Rothschild and Primavera de Salva.
Moderators: Canay Atalay, Rudy de Waele, Yuri van Geest and Michael Lane.
OUR MISSION IS TO :
- Create awareness about the world’s most urgent topics through conscious insights, experiences and dialogues.
- Provide practical guidelines about conscious business and lifestyle for healthy minds, bodies, hearts, communities, and planet.
- Bring together like-minded and like-hearted communities to take immediate action on a local and global level.
- Engage live with the audience, listen to them and co-create with them before, during and after the events.
- Create a manifesto of foundational principles, to be led by the world’s leading thought leaders and futurists.
We invite you to join the first holistic & interactive conversation with some of the world’s visionary futurists and thought leaders on the future of work, health, technology, sustainability and travel to learn how you can navigate your business towards a more sustainable and healthier future.
RUDY DE WAELE
Conscious Futurist, Author, Speaker, Co-Founder of Human Works, Conscious Learning Tribe and Children First World, Saxophone Player
Conscious Business Designer, Cultural Innovation Strategist, Speaker, Co-Founder of Human Works, Conscious Learning Tribe and Children First World
Spiritual Teacher, Wellness, Yoga & Meditation Expert
YURI VAN GEEST
Author, Speaker, Firestarter, Co-Founder Conscious Learning Tribe, DJ